There’s no surprise that Photoshop is the most prominent tool worldwide for any image manipulation. But Photoshop is quite expensive and logically it does not make sense to spend so much if you’re looking to make basic changes to your image. This very thought got us to hunt down a few free software and websites which can be great alternatives for Photoshop. Take a look.
- PC Image Editor: If you’re in a hurry to quickly modify your images then PC Image Editor is going to be a perfect fit. With support for almost 11 image formats and availability of more than 15 filters, basic editing of images is going to be a breeze.
- Adobe Photoshop Express: For an on the go photo editing software, Adobe Photoshop Express can be quite fun to use. It includes slider controls for contrast, exposure, etc to modify the image to your liking. If you don’t want to waste too much time with the controls then the Auto Fix options will do the trick for you. Here too, you get an option of more than 15 filters to play with. You can also download add on packs for the software to give it more functionality.
- Magix Photo Designer: With over 60 creative effect filters, Magix Photo Designer will be a delight to use. Removing objects, red-eye correction, selective lightening, panorama montage are just some of the few awesome things you can do with this tool. Besides the general photo editing, you’ll definitely enjoy creating funny caricatures of your boss or colleague.
- Pixlr Express: If you’re looking to make quick edits or add a little personal style to your images then this web-based app is the ideal destination. Pixlr Express includes basic photo correction options and a decent number of filters that are good enough to get the job done. We often use this tool to reduce the KBs in an image without the loss of image quality.
- Gimp: This open-source photo editing tool is the ideal competitor to Photoshop. GIMP emerged in popularity with the Linux users but slowly made its way to Windows and Mac. The interface is very similar to Photoshop and you will be surprised at how much you can do using this tool.
- GimpShop: This tool is yet another open-source program that is very similar to Photoshop. The look and feel of GimpShop are so similar to Photoshop that you can hardly tell the difference. This tool also allows customization of workspace making it easier to edit images.
- SuperPhoto Free: If you love applying effects to your photos then SuperPhoto software is the one for you. With more than 100+ effects, you’ll never fall short of creative options for your photos. Though this app only works from Windows 8 and above, it’s worth a mention here.
Since we’ve shared these free alternatives to Photoshop you now have another reason to go crazy on your creativity. If you do know of any software or website that is worth a mention here then drop a comment below and let us know about it.